Episode 072: Welcome back to another instalment of Real Health Radio. With this show I go through my favourite books and documentaries that I’ve consumed in 2016. It’s a pretty diverse range of stuff, things that directly relate to health and nutrition, through to things that have no relation whatsoever.
Books I read this year:
- Joan Jacobs Brumberg The Body Project
- Dr Alan Christianson Healing Hashimoto’s
- Portia De Rossi Unbearable Lightness
- Robert Pool Fat
- Brianne Grogan Lady Bits
- Elizabeth Gilbert Big Magic
- Scott Abel The Hardgainer Solution
- Ryan Holiday Ego Is The Enemy
- Scott Abel The Cycle Diet
- Scott Kustes Processed in America
- Scott Kustes Thou Shalt Not Eat
- Scott Kustes Healthfully Ever After
- Martin A. Lee and Bruce Shlain Acid Dreams
- Nathaniel Branden The Six Pillars Of Self Esteem
- Pema Chodron When Things Fall Apart
- Katie Dalebout Let It Out
- Malcolm Gladwell David & Goliath
- Andre Agassi Open
- Amy Poehler Yes Please
- Matt Haig Reasons To Stay Alive
- Mike Weeks Un-Train You Brain
- Carol Graham Happiness Around The World
- Daniel Gilbert Stumbling On Happiness
- Nicola Rinaldi No Period. Now What?
- Erin Brown Letters To Lola
- Lara Briden Period Repair Manual
Documentaries I watched this year:
- Going Clear: Scientology and The Prison Of Belief
- Some Kind Of Monster (Metallica)
- The Central Park Five
- Trophy Kids
- Saving Face
- Pumping Iron
- Brother’s Keeper
- Deep Web
- Beltracchi: The Art of Forgery
- Red Army
- The Resurrection of Jake the Snake
- The Mask You Live In
- (Dis)Honesty: The Truth About Lies
- West of Memphis
- Tony Robbins: I Am Not Your Guru
- Prescription Thugs
- Team Foxcatcher
- Welcome to Leith
- Hello I Am David!
- Audrie & Daisy
- 112 Weddings
- Man vs Snake: The Long and Twisted Tale of Nibbler
- Valley Uprising
- Janis: Little Girl Blue
- Into the Inferno
- My Scientology Movie
- Before The Flood
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see on this page.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Real Health Radio Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Thanks for joining me on this episode. Here is a link to see the other shows. Until next time!
Follow Chris on Facebook and Twitter.
Chris Sandel is the founder of www.seven-health.com. He is a nutritionist, working with clients on a one-on-one basis, as well as creating online trainings and products about health and nutrition. He is the author of The Health Trap: Why "Healthy" Eating Isn't Always Healthy which is available on Amazon UK and Amazon USA.
Chris has three free emails series. One is on how to quit dieting. One is on simple tests you can do at home. And the other is his take on the world's healthiest foods.